Reason 9 is used among many well known producers, but has less of a marketed presence on the web. It is extremely powerful and comes with a ton of top-notch professional tools right out of the box. It can be used as a plugin in any DAW that works with Propellerheadâ€™s ReWire technology. It sets itself apart by giving you a taste of a real studio with real outboard gear. You work in a rack like you were in a real studio, adding equipment and then flipping that equipment around using the TAB key and wiring it to your heartâ€™s content with the advantage of not being able to plug something into something that will cause a problem and break the equipment (not a luxury of the real outboard gear world).
Iâ€™d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
- Studio professional plugins right out of the box.
- Great as a learning tool if you lack time in a real studio.
- Super powerful workflow things by way of being able to wire devices together such as a drum machine wired into a parameter of a keyboard * to control it using CV (control voltage).
- The mixer is an emulation of the legendary SSL 9000k analog mixing desk and it sounds amazing!
- Does not support 3rd party plugins such as VST, AAX, or AU.
- Fairly steep learning curve for any producer used to something like Pro Tools or Logic Pro.