Reason 9 is used among many well known producers, but has less of a marketed presence on the web. It is extremely powerful and comes with a ton of top-notch professional tools right out of the box. It can be used as a plugin in any DAW that works with Propellerhead's ReWire technology. It sets itself apart by giving you a taste of a real studio with real outboard gear. You work in a rack like you were in a real studio, adding equipment and then flipping that equipment around using the TAB key and wiring it to your heart's content with the advantage of not being able to plug something into something that will cause a problem and break the equipment (not a luxury of the real outboard gear world).
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
- Studio professional plugins right out of the box.
- Great as a learning tool if you lack time in a real studio.
- Super powerful workflow things by way of being able to wire devices together such as a drum machine wired into a parameter of a keyboard * to control it using CV (control voltage).
- The mixer is an emulation of the legendary SSL 9000k analog mixing desk and it sounds amazing!
- Does not support 3rd party plugins such as VST, AAX, or AU.
- Fairly steep learning curve for any producer used to something like Pro Tools or Logic Pro.